Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Joy in Seeing Others Join - Feb 9

Hey family! 

So it has been a pretty uneventful week really! We did have one ER trip where we missed all of church yesterday. Don't worry it was not me it was my companion. And no I did not cause the ER trip. We also threw a party for our Ward Mission Leader. He is about to be released. He just got called into the High Priest Group Leadership. Well that means he can not be Ward Mission Leader any more. So we know that the release is coming soon. So we threw him a coordination party! It was so much fun! I wrote him a goodbye song on the ukulele (blessings from serving a mission is you can pick up talents). 

So as we all know, in a non-trunkie way, I have been on a mission for quite sometime. With many different areas and having traveled a part of the mission, I have come to meet people and teach people all over the mission. One of the highlights of going to mission functions is hearing from missionaries about people I know. Sometimes they remember me and I don't remember them. One great blessing I saw  was this week I went on exchanges to OSU. If you remember I was a Zone Leader over OSU this time last year! Well I went into the institute and began to see faces I recognized and that I taught. There was 2 in particular that surprised me. One was a guy that I had taught over a year ago on exchanges. He was determined to justify spiritual knowledge with physical evidence. We had a very powerful lesson. It was one lesson I can remember well cause of how bold we were. I was afraid I was going to offend him. But now a year later he is one of the most solid converts at OSU. Another guy I had met as well on exchanges. He had dropped the elders at one point and the lost contact for a while. Well some missionaries started talking to him again and now he is an active convert to the church. All who have come from different backgrounds with different beliefs have come to know of the truthfulness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the joy I feel as I see these great people come to this knowledge. It wonderful to see those that were struggling overcome there issues to be a member of Christ's church! 

Hope you all have a great week! Sorry for the short email! It has been a busy week and mostly a very busy day! 

Love,

Elder Baird 

No comments:

Post a Comment