Friday, February 28, 2014

Not Much in Just a Few Short Days (Feb 24)

Hey family!

Not much has happened in the past 4 days! 

Thursdays was transfers. I am staying here in Delaware which I was really excited about. I got two new companions which makes companions 12 and 13 along with this being my 5th tripanionship.
Elder Motes is from Thatcher Arizona. He was down at OSU in the Zone for the past 6 months so I know him very well! He is awesome! He was one person I was hoping I would get to serve with. Elder Jensen is a greenie. He is from Provo. Elder Motes is training him, so in missionary terms that means I am a mom! 

Saturday was a really fun day. We went on a day exchange with the assistants. Mike Thomas (the coolest guy ever) went down with us. He took us out to lunch then was with Elder Nygren and I the rest of the day. We got to go a baptism where I sung with Elder Campbell and Elder Calderwood. It was a lot of fun. Funny story. So Elder Campbell got transferred to a new zone. That made me really sad because he is like a brother to me. But he came back to baptize the guy. Well Elder Campbell forgot to bring another shirt. So he came out of the bathroom with his suit on over his wet shirt. I could not let him go to a dinner with an investigator and two more appointments with a wet shirt. By parents and grandparents raised me better then that. So we switched shirts and I go to go home with a wet shirt. Luckily we ended the exchange after the baptism and we went straight home so I could switch my shirt. 

Sunday was pretty sweet as well. I realized how much I am going to miss this ward once I leave. Many of the ward members have become like family now. Sunday night there was a mission home open house where you could bring investigators and recent converts. Well we went with Chelsea. It was loads of fun for me because all I did was play the piano. But even better was Elder Kujanpaa played the violin with me. We played for about an hour and half straight. Then President Nilsen came up to us and said, "Elders I need 2 musical numbers." I said "give us 4 minutes" He said, "I will give you 3" Then he walked away with a smile. So Elder Kujanpaa and I created a version of "If you could hie to Kolob" and played for like 50 people! It was so fun! I could have played all night with Elder Kujanpaa! 

So my gospel insight for the week was today. So today and tomorrow I am studying the temple since we are going tomorrow. And it never dawned on me that temple work for the dead was done till after Christ's resurrection. He had not yet opened the way as it talks in 1 Peter 3. Prior to Christ, the temple was used for just receiving personal ordinances.  

Hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Love,
Elder Baird 

No comments:

Post a Comment