Sunday, March 9, 2014

Another Day, Another Week, Another Month, Another Transfer (March 3)


Hello Family! 

It has been another great week! So update on the companionship: We were the only official tripanionship in the mission. Well an elder went home so Elder Jensen was emergency transferred on Friday morning! 

This week I got to go to the temple on Tuesday! I love the temple! One of the things I am most excited for when I go home is the opportunity to go to the temple more than just every 4 to 5 months. I learned so much personally and doctrinally. The Lord truly desires us to enter his house as often as possible. We can learn so much as we make temple attendance a habit. Also studying the temple in the scriptures is amazing! My companions thought I was crazy Tuesday morning when I was sitting at my desk saying things like "Mind blown!" "That is incredible!" "I love the Spirit!" "It now makes sense!' and many other similar phrases! The Lord will truly will enlighten our minds if we allow Him too. We have got to let Him in. If we do not willingly let Him in than He will not come in because that would be against our agency. I have thought a lot about agency lately and being an agent unto ourselves. 

Sadly a few investigators dropped us this week which to me is so devastating. I think one of my biggest weaknesses as a missionary is I can not let anyone go. Lots of missionaries know how and when to stop teaching someone when they are not progressing. But for some reason I never can. In my head I can never give up on someone no matter how uncommitted they are. But it is always sad when an investigator drops you because you know in the end what they are missing. You know the happiness that they are not achieving. I think for me the hardest thing about being a missionary is I want it so bad for them yet they don't want it for themselves. 

Back to a positive side is that we have an investigator named Jeremy! We have been working with him a lot lately! We were able to teach him in a members home this past week and he will be getting baptized on March 15th. We are really excited for him. 

Well all in all it has been a great week full of ups and downs. But what would life be if it was not a roll coaster. We came to this life for experience. So we should not complain about what we chose to do. More and more I’m realizing we need to make the best out of things no matter what is placed before us. We need to always follow those desires we have in our heart. The only thing stopping you from reaching your dreams and being happy is you. 

Love,
Elder Baird  


No comments:

Post a Comment