Monday, March 17, 2014

CRAZY WEEK!!! (March 10)


Yello family! 

Hope you all have had a fantastic week! It has been well a crazy week! It has consisted of almost all our investigators and anyone interested in learning dropping us. I really am learning what uncle Robert said about how on a mission you will have some of the most happiest times of your life and some of the biggest disappointments. That on a mission you will feel a new kind of happiness and a new kind of sorrow. But that is enough on the sad part of the week! 

On Monday we got to help a sweet member tear down his ceiling which was super cool! Then Saturday we helped that same member paint his kitchen and also build cabinets! It was so fun! We also talked with his foreign exchange student from Pakistan! He is sweet kid! We were bust up laughing asking him questions about America and what he has like about it so far! 

Then Tuesday we had leadership council. It has been said that the leadership council of a mission is one of the most spiritual and important meetings of the church. I would agree 100%. As we discuss what to do to help the mission grow. It is amazing to council together and truly set goals and make plans for the mission. 

Wednesday we had Zone conference and the fun part was we got to do the training during zone conference. Almost every pair of zone leaders and sister training leaders were doing some training to all the missionaries. I love training and helping elders and sister become better missionaries. But selfishly my favorite part is what I learn. I think the Lord but me in a position so I could train is because he know it takes me a lot longer to learn something than most the missionaries. By about the 3rd or 4th rotation I actually have a deep understanding of the doctrine and figures out how I need to apply it! 

Thursday was another normal missionary day. But another sad part of the week was one of my favorite senior couples is leaving. Elder and Sister Niu are the best! They were the grandparents of the mission. The crazy thing was she reminded me a perfect combination of Grandma Baird and Roberts. So needless to say I am really going to miss them. It is crazy to me as I am about to hit a year to see the missionaries I have come to know so dearly and have come to love go home.

One thing I love about emailing on pdays is I am almost forced to look at all the positive things that happen during the week. During stressful hard times there will always be the hand of the Lord. You can always find the good things in life if you take the time to recognize them! 

Hope yall have a good week! 

Love,
Elder Baird 

No comments:

Post a Comment