Monday, January 19, 2015

Sisters and Brothers in the Service of God - Jan 12


Hello family! 

It has been an eventful week! Full of many tears and laughs! 

It was a much better week concerning the work!

There is a family I have been working on for quite some time. They are a family that is always busy! We stop in like once or twice a month to see how they are doing. Well we stopped in and the mother of the family said, I want to know all I can about your church. Well I told her we teach 5 lessons and she was all on board for hearing them. So we are super excited about. Another family is on date to be baptized on February 14th! 

The big news of the week is yesterday I was released from being branch president. I am still in Coshocton though. I am not quite sure yet what the Lord has in store for transfers for me on the 22nd. Most people in the mission do not know yet and I am trying to keep it that way. When I got called 6 months ago it spread like wild fire. The funniest part was when I was emergency transferred from being an assistant to Coshocton. You would not believe the rumors that flew. Some had no clue where I was sent. The funniest one I heard was I almost died and was medically sent home to survive. Another favorite one was I made President Nilsen really mad and he banished me to Coshcoton. So I have told only President Daines, Elder Pike, Elder Campbell and Elder Monahan about it. The rest can find out at transfers! 
One thing that I have loved the most about serving as a Branch President and a missionary is the love and friendships that are kindled in the service of our God. I am amazed at the friends and family I have gained since being out here. We are all part of one being happy family, the family of God. Paul teaches this principle directly. To the Romans he says,"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God" (Romans 8:16) Then to the people of Galatia he teaches, "For ye are all the children of God" (Galatians 3:26). Now this latter verse could be meaning children of Christ or Jehovah rather then children of Heavenly Father or Elohim. I find this based off the later verses and words in Galatians talking about being baptized. We become Children of Christ through internalizing the doctrine of Christ and being baptized. But we all, no matter the person, are children of a Father in Heaven. I believe a gift of the Spirit that is not directly mentioned in the list of gifts but is definitely told of through the scriptures is the gift of loving others. If we allow this gift to truly penetrate our hearts we can have a sincere love for all the children of Adam. That is gift I have treasured most recently and is a gift I desire to continue to have.  

Love,
Elder Baird 

No comments:

Post a Comment