Monday, August 26, 2013

Teaching a 91 Year Old Women in California


Well Hello family,
It has of course been another great week here in Ohio. So update on the visa. So Salt Lake another document of some sort for me to sign and send back. Needless to say I got it and sent it back the same day. But 2 sisters that were in the MTC with me just got there visa. Sister Bergloff sent in some sort of papers about 2 months ago so there is a possibility that this coming transfer could be my last here in Ohio. But who cares I am loving Ohio?!
So this week has been an awesome week! The highlight of the week I would have to say was district meeting. I got to teach on my favorite topic: the Doctrine of Christ. Also the assistants came to my district meeting so that was fun. I love them! The Doctrine of Christ is so important! I could study 2 Nephi 31, 3 Nephi 27 and 3 Nephi 11 for days and still learn things every time and not learn everything. It is so plain and precious yet so profound and life changing. If you have not study the Doctrine of Christ in sometime go and do it! You will learn so much! I love it!
We finally were blessed with investigators at church here in Zanesville. They are pretty awesome! It is a mother(Mary) and a daughter (De). They are pretty awesome! So they decided to come to church with us. They were picked up for church by Santa Claus. No joke! There is a guy in our ward that is a professional Santa and the whole year he grows out his white hair and beard. Then on Christmas he shaves it and starts all over again. But on Saturday we went over to there house and made sure they were still planning on coming to church. Well they were having crap from their family. So I taught a 91 year old lady the first lesson on the phone! She lives in California! She is Mary's mom. It was definitely a first time I have taught a 91 year old and the first time I taught a lesson to someone in a different state. Needless to say we helped her understand so Mary and De came to church. But they are still having problems with Mary's sister who is a minister. She won't talk to me either! I was so ready to talk to another person on the phone in California. I think she is just afraid of some 19 year old snot nose kid from Oklahoma. Oh well!
The last lesson that I realized this week was unconditional love. I used to not have this unconditional love but I am so glad I do now. As a missionary you truly love everyone no matter who they are or what their circumstances are. There is definitely people here that I talk to and have friendships with that I would never image being friends with if I was not a missionary. It is truly amazing to see people as Christ sees them and I love it! Try this week to love a little bit more and give every one and chance.
Well I love you all! Thanks for all you do for me!

Love,
Elder Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment