Monday, September 9, 2013

I am in Delaware...not the state though


Hey Family!
How is everybody? I hope all is going well in wherever you are reading this. I am doing great and loving the Ohio.
So as you already know I was transferred to a Zone Leader position on Thursday which is a great opportunity. I absolutely love the work and am excited for more responsibilities. It gives me the opportunity to work with so many missionaries and see how they work! I already love it. Delaware is pretty awesome! The ward is huge compared to others I have served in. Which is amazing! Also the apartment, in the words of one of the assistants Elder Nygren, is pretty posh! I am already loving Delaware and the people here. 

So I have not talked about much concerning the missionary efforts and successes I have had so far just a lot about stuff I have learned. So here is the fruits of laboring with in Zanesville. So Elder Tate and I were working with and excommunicated member and his family. I love that family to death! Well we taught him a lot. We helped him gain a desire and took him from wanting to be baptized at the end of the year to being baptized on September 6th. Well before I left Zanesville Jake asked me to baptize him. I love that guy to death we got a long so well! As you know I was transferred on the 5th, but I was able to talk to President and he gave me the green light to drive to Zanesville and baptism my good friend Jake! So that was an amazing thing I was able to do! Truly out of anyone so far I have seen the greatest conversion and turn around within is Jake. I learned that we as missionaries are not just called to find people that have never joined the church but to be willing and able to bring the lost back into the fold! We need not forget the ones that were once found for the ones that were never found. We have to equally work with all. 
So dad wanted to know more about leadership council. Well first we went to a chapel in Powell and president and sister Nilsen along with the assistants trained us on how to give chapel tours. Then we went back to the mission home to hear from a guy here in Columbus that has a pest control business and all he does is knock doors. We basically got tracking training which was so helpful!! Then we had a delicious lunch and lastly we heard from president. I learned so much at the Leadership Council.
The other exciting thing for the week was we had a mission wide luau today! One of the office couples, the Nuis know how to have a pig roast. The reason being is Elder Nui is Tongan. So we had a huge pig roast today and played a lot of fun games and had a relaxing time. It was so awesome!
Well family I love you all greatly! I hope everything is going well at home! You guys all rock! Go do some missionary work!
Love,
Elder Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment