Monday, December 2, 2013

An over all average missionary week! Which is always awesome! - Nov 25


Hello beloved family!

I am doing great again! I am so excited for Christmas! I put our Christmas tree, it has snowed twice this week, and I will be in Delaware for Christmas! Yay! I love Delaware and I will be here for another transfer! Which I am totally excited for and okay with! 

Monday's have been full of disc golf with my old man friends named Jack and Don. They are some of the coolest old men I have met. I desire to be a combination of Grandpa Sam, Grandpa Jim, and Don and Jack when I am an old man. If I can do that I will be set! 

On Tuesday we had basically a stake blitz with President Nilsen, President Welch (the stake president) and us missionaries with another companionship in our zone, along with the high councilmen over missionary work, and the ward mission leader and bishop. It was loads of fun! We got to see 2 of our investigators. 

Wednesday we had district meeting which was fun. Then I called Sister Nilsen to talk about my insurance card and what I need. Well I talked to her for about 30ish minutes. We tlaked about the amazing things happening in Delaware. One thing I just found out is there is a family that lives in a small town outside of Delaware. Well long story short. They are good friends with a senior couple that served here. Then told them the know the Book of Mormon is true and that they need to convert they just can't leave there small congregation at the church they go to. They basically said we will have to covert the whole congregation. President and Sister Nilsen have been over there. And soon they want to be teaching them with us. That would be so cool! 

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were just all normal days with nothing to exciting. We had some teaching appointments, and talk to some cool people! I got to randomly teach gospel principles which was really fun! There is some amazing things happening in Delaware Ohio and I feel so blessed to be a part of it. 

It is been amazing to read the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time on my mission. It seems like it changes every time I read it. New stories pop out and new insights are given through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost. It is truly amazing! Everyone should read the Book of Mormon daily! "Feast upon the words of Christ, for behold the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do" 

Well I love you family and hope you are doing well! 

Love,
Elder Baird  

No comments:

Post a Comment