Monday, January 13, 2014

- 40 Degrees But I Didn’t Get Frostbite: January 8


Well hello family!

So I forgot to tell you that transfers are this week therefore we had p-day today! So I am staying in Delaware! I am so excited! If I don't get emergency transferred for any reason I will be in Delaware for 6 months by the end of the transfer! But the exciting thing is elder Hayes and I are staying together but we are picking up a new companion! So still I have not missed a transfer meeting, and I will have had a new companion every transfer. This will make companion number 11. 

Well this week was awesome! It was very, very cold the past Monday and Tuesday! Let us just say with the wind chill it was about -20 to -40 degrees during the day! It was awesome! President asked us to go out and find people that day. Now first I thought President is crazy! Someone is going to die, or at least get frost bite. But what I have learned on your mission is when you are asked to jump you ask how high. President told us that there would be many people home (that is because schools were out and many business were closed). So we went out to hit the doors and what do you know it was the most successful two days we have had for finding and just missionary work in general for a LONG time! We found a new investigator each day! It was so much fun tracting at -30 degrees! What I decided with that is I definitely know the church is true! If the church was not true there is no way I would be knocking on doors in -35 degrees! The sad thing was many missionaries complained and some did not do what president ask. It is very sad actually. Many of them thought it was okay to just go from member to member doing basically nothing concerning moving the work forward. Many others had frankly pathetic and ridiculous excuse for not following what we had been asked to do. And interestingly enough the one that did not go out had very unsuccessful boring days. 

Now here is an update on Chelsea! So as most of you know we were blessed with Chelsea's baptism it was an absolute miracle! Well she is doing absolutely amazing! She is more happy then she has ever been! Cody asked us, "What is wrong with my sister? She is actually happy!" It is amazing the physical, spiritual and emotional change the gospel brings into our life. The gospel truly does change lives! 

Lately I have been thinking a lot about goals. For new years I have set some goals. All of them which I have 100% faithful in and then yesterday I failed miserably but today I am back to 100%. I am done with soda (yes that means no more dr. pepper), I am reading 10 pages of the Book of Mormon every day (I read 5 in the morning and 5 at night before I go to bed. The goal is to read  the Book of Mormon 7 times this year), and lastly is to write in my journal everyday! 

Sorry there is not much concerning investigators. Many of our investigators are either baptized or just not progressing. So right now we are working on increasing our teaching pool. 

Well I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the global warming that is taken place across the country!

Love,
Elder Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment