Thursday, January 2, 2014

Miracles Happen



Sorry but this will be a quick email but jam packed with miracles. So Chelsea got baptized on Saturday!!! (pictures to come next week) This was a miracle and I will tell you why.

So leading up to her baptism Chelsea kept saying she did not know if she would be baptized. So we decided to pretend as if it still was going to happen. So on Thursday we made her baptismal program and brought it. She was still uneasy and said I still don't know if it is going to happen. Then we had discussion on why not. We had that discussion every night from Sunday to Friday. On Friday I went over with Elder Lloyd. Chelsea's biggest concern was tithing and knowing this is the true church. Well she realized that the latter concern would take care of the former concern. So we went over and Friday and brought over baptismal suits. Well she was even more towards frustrated cause she said she still did not know if she was going to be baptized on Saturday. Well we had an amazing lesson! Then told her the moment we leave you will pray vocally to know this church is true and that you need to get baptized. Well right before I left I got bold with her and had lots of faith that she would receive an answer, I looked at her and said, "Here are the baptismal suits. When you receive your answer try which suit will work for tomorrow for your baptism." Then we left. Well I knew if this church was true and if God is the God I have come to know, that if Chelsea did everything we told her to do then she would receive an answer. Well after the lesson we called about half our zone and some ward members to pray right then and there for Chelsea. Well at 11:30 that night we got a text that said "Im ready if you guys are. The heaviness that was in my chest and covering my heart is gone. I feel so elated. There are still minor anxieties but it is time for the leap of faith and I am ready!" I was the only one awake at the time. We were on exchanges with OSU 2 so we had 2 other elders with us. So I kept pacing in our study praying that she would have and recognize her answer. Well after I read that text I woke up everyone by yelling "She is getting baptized tomorrow!" Then I jumped on elder Lloyd and shed a few tears of joy. Never have I wanted someone to get baptized so bad! She had her baptismal interview the next day at 11 and was baptized that day at 4. It was amazing. I realized the true meaning of, Mormoni 7:29,37, "And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have aangels ceased to minister unto the children of men...... Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that amiracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of bunbelief, and all is vain."    This was the first time in my life I think I really say the impossible miracle during the miracle. Usually miracles are something I notice after the fact. But the whole time I knew this was a miracle.

Well sorry for the shortness I will tell you more about Christmas next week! Love you guys!

Love,
Elder Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment